Monday, October 24, 2016

Changing Ratings + Reading & Uni Update

This is why I never rate a book as soon as I finish reading it.
I always wait a day or two to gather my thoughts and feelings about it, to be able to think about the rating and my overall reading experience.

These are my usual feelings linked to the amount of stars I sometimes give: 5- Extremely good- I love it - I connected with it. 4- It's Good, I enjoyed it. 3- It's okay- not bad- interesting in some ways. 2- Forcing myself to get through it- It's no fun no nothing. 1- Just no.

I first gave The Grownup by Gillian Flynn and Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel 5 stars. But after a few days I started realizing the fact that I didn't really connect with them. They are good books, do not get me wrong. I did enjoy them but the connection wasn't really there, which is why I give them 4 stars instead of 5.

Reading update
I just finished reading The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger for uni and I read Step Back in Time by Ali McNamara for myself ,which I will review very soon. My current read is now Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty.

Uni update
I started Uni in August doing Marketing Management but I wasn't enjoying it at all. Seriously, math and finance are just not my thing. So I changed my academic program to an English secondary education program. I missed the first semester, which means I will start today on October 24, 2016 with the second semester. It feels like a good choice.

More updates coming soon! What are you reading? How do you rate your books? How's school/uni?

2 comments:

  1. I definitely follow your style of ratings too and I also believe that leaving a few days to decide how to rate a book I've just read does help!
    I hope you enjoy your new course and you like it more than your original choice! I also started Uni this past september but I'm finding it difficult to make time to read! I just dont seem to be able to settle down with a book as easily as I used. Which sucks.

    Lv, Tabitha x
    http://whattabithaloves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it takes me months after reading a book to finally settle on how I feel about it, I had that after reading 1984. At first I was like'meh' and was unsure about it, it didn't give me strong feelings. But then a while after reading it, things kept cropping up and I realised how its one of those books that stays with you forever, always cropping up in real life situations.

    Best of luck with your new uni course! I bet you'll love it :D

    Amber Love Blog

    ReplyDelete